Manager, Food for Thought Program (remote)
Reports to: Programs Director
Job Status: Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Hourly Wage: $21/hour
Benefits: Health care after a 3-month probation period, paid vacation & holidays, sick time, and 403b with match after one year of employment
Application Open Date: May 5, 2023
Animal Place is an animal rights organization promoting the protection of farmed animals and a vegan lifestyle. You can learn more about us by visiting www.animalplace.org.
We seek a detail-oriented, strategic-minded individual to manage our Food for Thought Program. As our Food for Thought (FFT) Program Manager, you will expand the influence and visibility of the program, implement strategic program planning, encourage state and national nonprofits to adopt vegan menu policies, oversee FFT website and social media, and manage a team of three remote coordinators.
Areas of Responsibility
Outreach and policy adoption: manage all outreach and policy adoptions.
FFT grants program: implement our grantmaking process, including giving direction to FFT coordinators.
Database: maintain our Salesforce records of outreach and grant recipients.
Reports: Create quarterly and annual reports and submit them to the Program Director.
Stay current on farmed animal campaigns and advocacy initiatives, searching for opportunities for FFT to partner with or take the lead to drive dietary change policies. Establish and sustain partnerships through email correspondence.
FFT website and social media: keep updated and create new content with help from FFT team.
E-newsletter: create the quarterly e-newsletter sent to policy leaders.
Public speaking: give presentations on veganism at partner board meetings and conferences.
Network: collaborate with other animal protection groups to advocate for farmed animals through veganism.
Skills we are looking for:
- Leadership: effectively recruit, train, and lead a remote team.
- Program management experience
- Communicator: writing, networking, public speaking.
- Solid writer.
- Organizer: set priorities, manage time, monitor progress toward goals, and track data.
- Relationship builder: establish and maintain positive working relationships with others internally and externally to achieve the goals.
- Problem solver: assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations.
- Self-starter: can work independently; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Innovator: develop new and unique ways to improve operations and create new opportunities.
- Social media and website platforms.
Qualities we are seeking:
- Commitment to veganism and farmed animal protection.
- Lives a vegan lifestyle.
- Knows farmed animal issues or a deep willingness to learn.
- Previous experience in the animal protection field in either paid or volunteer capacity.
- Experience managing employees.
Salary range: starting at $21/hr.
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
In your letter, outline why you are applying for the position and the skills you bring.
Animal Place is fully committed to equal employment opportunity, and company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, gender, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, physical disability, ancestry, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.