Wrong Decision | My Shetland

Wrong Decision | My Shetland

Yesterday afternoon, I put Albie and Storm back into the field to rejoin their friends.

I had watched them in the school and Albie was trotting about, moving nicely and freely.  Storm was lame on one front leg, which I attributed to a possible shoulder injury from Waffle hooning about previously.

This morning, however, was a different matter. Both ponies were very sore and pottery so I immediately put them back inside.

I was not popular with anyone and Albie and Storm looked at me miserably but, as they’ve spent most of the day lying down, I think I made the right decision.

Both ponies both need their feet trimmed (which should, I think, help hugely) but, as the farrier is not due until next month, I think this is where Albie and Storm will have to live for the time-being.

Sorry boys but it is for your own good.  I feel very sad. This is a set-back for both of them but hopefully I have made the right decision. It is so difficult to know what to do for the best but I think keeping them inside is the only way forward at the moment.

The others (except Newt) were all very pleased to see them, too.


He was too busy asking for carrots!


This entry was posted in MyShetland on by Frances.

Wrong Decision | My Shetland

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to top