These chocolate cookies are a delicious treat for any occasion!
– 1 cup butter substitute, eg. Nuttelex or another vegan butter
– 1 cup brown sugar
– The equivalent of 2 eggs using a substitute. We use Well and Good Egg substitute
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 2/3 cup of cocoa – You can add more or less cocoa depending on how chocolately you want the cookies to be
– 2 1/4 cups of flour – This recipe can be made gluten free but the amount of flour may need to be increased a little depending on the type of flour you are using
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– Chocolate chips – We used dark chocolate vegan chips
– Cream the butter and sugar together
– Add egg substitute and vanilla to the creamed butter and sugar and combine
– Now add the dry ingredients, sifting in the flour and cocoa powder
– Finally, add the chocolate chips
– The oven should be at approximately 180 degrees. You will need to leave some space between cookies as they spread out on the tray. Bake for approximately ten minutes, or longer if you prefer a crisp cookie.
– When the cookies are removed from the oven they will need to be re-shaped with a spoon, as they will have spread out on the tray. They will be easy to shape until they become cold.