This tasty loaf is a treat for any occasion!
– 2 cups of self raising flour
– 2/3 of a cup of (packed down) brown sugar
– 1 cup of grated zucchini (does not need to be dried off)
– 3/4 to 1 cup of vegetable oil
– The equivalent of 3 eggs using Orgran Egg Replacer
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla
– 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
– Additional granulated sugar and cinnamon to sprinkle on the top of the loaf
– Optional: walnuts. These can be chopped and included in the loaf or just placed on top. They taste wonderful when browned.
– In a bowl, combine the self raising flour and brown sugar. Add the cinnamon.
– In a second bowl, mix the vegetable oil, substitute eggs, vanilla and zucchini. Stir well.
– Combine the contents of both bowls, adding the dry mix to the wet ingredients a bit at a time and stirring through. Also stir through walnut pieces if desired.
– Line a loaf tin and pour in the cake batter. Ensure the paper liner comes above the top of the tin to prevent the top of the loaf from burning.
– Push extra walnuts into the top of the batter, then sprinkle with granulated sugar and cinnamon.
– Bake for approximately 45 minutes to one hour, or until a skewer test comes out clean.