Gingerbread is a great festive snack and a treat to have on hand when people drop in. We love these delicious crinkle cookies and hope you do, too.
– 3/4 cup butter substitute of your choice
– 1 cup brown sugar
– 1 egg substitute – we use ‘Well and Good’ brand
– 1/4 cup molasses or treacle
– 2 1/2 cups plain flour. We made our cookies gluten free by using gluten free flour. You may find you need a little more flour if you choose this option.
– 2 teaspoons baking soda
– 1 teaspoon nutmeg
– 1 teaspoon ginger
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
– Approximately 3/4 cup icing sugar
– Cream butter substitute and sugar using electric beaters for around three minutes or until soft and fluffy.
– Add egg substitute and molasses/treacle and mix until combined.
– Add the dry ingredients to a second bowl. Stir.
– Combine the wet and dry ingredients using a wooden spoon.
– Using your hands or a dessert spoon, create balls of cookie dough. Roll the balls in the icing sugar and place on a baking tray. Press the cookie dough down with a fork. The cookies will expand a little so leave room between the balls.
– Bake in the oven at approximately 180C degrees for around 10-15 minutes.